Below are listed general key coaching points for soccer finishing drills and technique training. These should be taught alongside the finishing coaching points listed in the drills and activities:
General Key Coaching Points
- Ensure head and body over the ball at the point of contact.
- Keep your eyes on the ball and arms out for balance (In particular the opposite arm to the foot striking the ball).
- Non-kicking foot should be positioned next to the ball pointing towards the area where you want to shoot.
- Strike through the middle of the ball with a firm ankle and with the striking foot at a right angle.
- Strike through the mid-line of the ball.
- Follow through straight to develop power and accuracy.
- Approach the ballat a slight angle to ensure the hips are transferred through the ball.
- Toes pointed towards the ground with ankle locked.
- Keep heady steady throughout.
- Shoulders over the ball.
- Follow through the shot for rebounds.