Below are listed general key coaching points for soccer dribbling technique. These should be taught alongside the dribbling coaching points listed in the drills and activities:
Key Coaching Points
- Low centre of gravity in a crouched position.
- Eyes focused on the ball and also the opponents feet (if close).
- Head up when possible to assess the field and options.
- Assess the defenders position to determine necessary attacking lines and opportunities for feints/tricks.
- Soft touches, generally with the outside of the foot when travelling as speed.
- Arms out for balance.
- Maintain the ball close if dribbling, or larger push away touches if 'running with the ball'.