|Age: 15-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 10 mins (1 Set)||Positions: ALL|
|Players: 1+||Area: Full Pitch|
- Develop Aerobic Capacity.
- Develop Agility and Quickness.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Mark out a full standard soccer pitch as shown in the diagram.
- Players are staggered around the field at different points to avoid traffic at any one point of the circuit.
- This activity can also double as a warm-up.
- Players perform 1 lap of casual low intensity jogging in preparation for the activity. Players then perform 3 laps of the circuit in an anti clockwise direction. If a limited number of players they can all start from the same point (i.e. top right hand corner of the field, labelled 'start'). Should take players approx. 7-8 mins. For the dynamic stretch sections the players perform the following activities:
Lap 1 =
- Fast feet Activity (A) = 2 feet contact through the cones (training bars) in each section (i.e. left and right).
- Dynamic Stretch (B) = Walking Lunges
Lap 2 =
- Fast feet Activity (A) = Side shuffle (2 feet contact in each section) through the cones (training bars) in each section (i.e. left and right).
- Dynamic Stretch (B) = High knees (Also known as knee raises)
Lap 3 =
- Fast feet Activity (A) = 1 feet contact through the cones (training bars) in each section.
- Dynamic Stretch (B) = Butt Kickers (i.e. heels clip butt on each step)
- Break to perform static stretches.
- Perform another 3 laps with the same activities.
- Good technique on the dynamic stretches and also the fast feet activities.
- Monitor both hand/arm and feet movement.
- Reduce the rest period to 2 minutes to increase the intensity of the activity.
- Increase the target times to longer to make easier.
- Decrease target times to shorter to make harder.
- Increase the reps to make harder.
- Modify the circuit and change the jogging sections into cruise (75% maximal effort) to increase the aerobic nature of this activity.