|Set Piece Objective(s) |
- Exploit space at the back of the 6yrd box, first attracting the defending team to the near post and then redirecting play before an attempt on goal.
|Diagram 1 |
- 3 takes the kick with either inswing out outswing.
- 11 holds the edge of the area for rebounds and attempted clearances.
- 3 takes the kick and looks to serve the ball to the near post to 9 (i.e. 9 should be strong in the air). This is a difficult service and should be head-height if possible.
- 9 attempts to either score on goal or flick the ball (redirect) it towards the back of the 6yrd area for 8,5,4 to finish.
- 11 holds the eadge of the area for rebounds and attempted clearances.
- 7 makes a well timed decoy runs to clear the near post area.
- 10 enters from the goal line to be a problem player and cause confusion.
|KEY COACHING POINTS: |
- Encourage creativity at the corner. You cannot predict the defending teams movements so imporvise where necessary.
- 10 should be a good player, comfortable under pressure and who can make a good decision.
- 3 is generally left footed to delivery a good ball into the back post area.
- Be Organized.
- Know your job.
- Know your start and end point of your run!
- Attack Secondary ball and be agressive. Attack the ball.
- Delivery must be good and to the right place.
- As shown above.