|Set Piece Objective(s) |
- Draw one to multiple players out from the box to create space for runners to finish.
- Allow a cross or driven ball from closer to the goal.
|Diagram 1 |
- 7, 3 stand in the start position at the corner flag attempting to attract out 2 defenders.
- 5, 9 will crash the centre of the 6yrd box. (Centre back).
- 11,10 hold the eadge of the area for rebounds and attempted clearances.
- 4 attacks the back post area.
- 8 provides a decoy run early to pull out a defender.
- 3 rolls the ball with the sole of the boot, or taps it in for 7. 7 can then either cross direct, dribble and cross, or lay back to 3 if pressured by a defender who has potentially stepped out.
- Delivery should be to the bacl of the 6yrd box.
- 5,9 are the target players on this corner.
KEY COACHING POINTS:
- Encourage creativity at the corner. You cannot predict the defending teams movements so imporvise where necessary.
- 3 is generally left footed to delivery a good ball into the back post area.
- Be Organized.
- Know your job.
- Know your start and end point of your run!
- Attack Secondary ball and be agressive. Attack the ball.
- Delivery must be good and to the right place.
- As shown above.