|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 30 mins||Positions: 2,3,4,5,6|
|Players: 10 (+GK)||Area: 40x30 yrds|
- Develop a teams ability to maintain possession.
- Develop a teams ability to play out of the back.
- Develop Support play.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- 40x30 yrd grid.
- The white team and the GK (using their feet) attempt to maintain possession over the three defenders.
- The GK plays in a 5yrd no press zone. This zone can be removed once the players are comfortable with the exercise.
- If the defenders intercept the ball they chip the ball into the GK hands to change roles with the attackers. Note: Another player is added on changing roles and a player on the opposition drops off to recreate a 4 (+GK) vs 3 again.
- 1 goal = 8 passes from the attacking (white) team.
- Players need to use movements to create space to support in tight areas.
- Attacking players need to maintain good width and depth.
- Players MUST move to open up passing channels in front, to the side and behind the ball.
- Establish a diamond shape to maximize width and depth.
- Try and think a pass ahead!
- GK should be active and sliding to whichever side of the grid the ball is on to support.
- Disguise to give a receiving player more time on the ball.
- Ensure the centre backs maintain a distance between each other. (When progressed to 1/2 field)
- Full backs should be pushed up wide and high. (When progressed to 1/2 field)
- Midfielders search for and create space and are free to rotate. (When progressed to 1/2 field)
- Gk slides with the ball and creates angle for a back pass. (When progressed to 1/2 field)
- 1/2 field practice: 7 (+GK) vs 4. Attacking team scores in the small gate goals positioned on the half way line. Include a no press zone if necessary to build the GK's confidence. The defenders score on the regular full size goal.
Diagram 2. Set-Up Arrangement
- 2 Touch
- Require every outfield player to have touched the ball before the attacking team can score.