|Age: 15-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 30 mins||Positions: 7,8,9,10,11|
|Players: 9+GK||Area: 44x25 yrds|
- Develop the ability of players to find solutions to penetrate defensive lines.
- Develop a teams ability to maintain possession.
- Develop players combination play.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- 18x25 yrd grid added onto the end of a penalty area marked by cones (Zone A).
- 5vs4 (+GK)
- Red vs. Yellow team.
- Red team defend the goal and play around the active offside line indicated by the yellow cones.
- An assistant coach (or player) monitors this line to watch for any offside calls.
- The attacking team should be formed around the system of play currently adopted by the team being trained. For example, the above diagram shows a team attacking in a 4-3-3, using the front three and two attacking midfielders. Could as easily be the there attacking midfielders and the two forwards of a 4-4-2.
- In the playing area added to the 18 yrd box (Zone A) the yellow (attacking team A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) combine from a pass in form the coach to create chances to break down the defensive line and score.
- The defending team should play a high line to prevent long shots and catch the attacking team offside.
- The attacking team should be developing combination play and off the ball runs to create and open space.
- A2 passes into A3 following a ball played in the the coach.
- A3 checks to loose their mark and layoff a pass.
- A4 looks up and slots a through ball to A5 into space behind the defensive line.
- 1 goal = Scoring on the full size goal (Attacking Team)
- 1 goal = Score by playing a pass through to the coach (Defending Team)
- Players need to use movements to create space to support in tight areas (possibly man marked).
- Develop a fast playing tempo.
- Develop good link up play (Overlaps, 1-2's, Take-Overs, etc).
- Play with head up to see opportunities to play through balls into Zone B.
- How to create space.(i.e. check away from where you want to receive, takes defenders eyes off you, push off the defender to get separation).
- Look to play quick combinations.
- Limited touches to facilitate quick play.
- Require a specific combination (Link-Up play) before a goal can be scored (1-2, Take-Over, overlap).
- Goal can only be scored following a through ball into Zone B.
- 2 touch in Zone A to encourage quick play around the 18yrd box.
- 1 touch finishing only.
- Shape the defending 4 to have 3 marking backs and one sweeper to give the attacking team a different defense to break down.