|Set Piece Objective(s) |
- Exploit space at the back of the 6yrd box with a hanging cross for 3 players to attack.
|Diagram 1 |
- 3 takes, can be out or inswinger.
- 11 sits on the edge of the 18yrd box and is ready for rebounds.
- Ball should be played deep to the back of the 6yrd area (head-high ball).
- 9,5 are the targets.
- 10,8 who look like the targets make early decoy runs to the near post creating space for 5,9 to finish.
- 4 is deep to recover any ball played too long or that is half cleared.
|KEY COACHING POINTS: |
- Encourage creativity at the corner. You cannot predict the defending teams movements so imporvise where necessary.
- 10 should be a good player, comfortable under pressure and who can make a good decision.
- 3 is generally left footed to delivery a good ball into the back post area.
- Be Organized.
- Know your job.
- Know your start and end point of your run!
- Attack Secondary ball and be agressive. Attack the ball.
- Delivery must be good and to the right place.
- As shown above.