|Set Piece Objective(s) |
- Designed to pressure a GK into an error by providing obstructions around the catching area.
|Diagram 1 |
- 3 takes the kick, which should be generally inswinging or straight if possible.
- 10, 9 provide pressure around the GK (front and back) in a sandwich.
- 5, 4, 7 attack any second phases balls coming out from a GK tip or punch.
- 8 checks short to open up more space centrally.
- 11 holds the edge of the area.
- Ball should be played on top of the GK essentially.
- 10, 9 are looking to get a flick direct into the GK or force a GK handling error.
- 4,5,7, are ready for the second phase.
|KEY COACHING POINTS: |
- 10,9 do not obstruct the GK, but stand their ground or jump for an attempted flick.
- Second phase is crucial here as many times the ball will be half cleared.
- Has to be good delivery!
- As shown above.