|Age: 9-15||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 20 mins||Positions: ALL|
|Players: 8||Area: 20x40 yrds|
- Develop accurate Finishing from close range.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Mark out a pitch of 40x20yrds, with two 'No-enter Zone's' at each end of the playing area, marked in yellow cones in the diagram above (Approx. 5-8yrds deep).
- Arrange 5 traffic cones (pointed cones if traffic cones are not available), on the oppositions goal line.
- Have a supply of balls ready at each end for continuous play.
- Split the players into 2 teams. 4vs4 is ideal for this size of area. No-one is allowed to enter the 'No Enter Zone' including defending players. Shots therefore must be taken from outside this area. In the diagram above:
- A1 passes to A2 who continues to circulate the ball to A3.
- A3 strikes a placement (side foot) shot at the target.
- Teams score a goal by knocking over 1 of the 5 cones. Once a cone has been knocked over, it stays down from the remainder of the game.
- Play for a set time (5-8 minutes). The team with the most cones knocked over is the winner.
- Accurate side foot (placement) finishing technique.
- Make good runs into space to receive passes close to the targets.
- Keep possession until good shooting opportunities arise.