|Age: 9-Adlt||Intensity: Low|
|Time: 15 mins||Positions: 7,9,10,11|
|Players: 3+||Area: 44x30 yrds|
- Develop the ability of players to finishing from direct balls.
- Develop general combinations and finishing.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Use a penalty area with a full size goal. 1 feeder required and a player to finish. With additional players simply add lines to both the feeder and finisher stations. Have a good supply of balls at hand. This drill is usually done without a GK to start. Instead the players shoot towards a 2.5 yrd target area at both the left and right posts of the goal.
- The feeder (A1) passes the ball into A2 who lays the ball back to A1 to play a pass through or over to A3 to finish.
- A3 makes a run out to A2’s starting position and turns to make a through run.
- A1 starts with the ball and passes to A2.
- A2 passes back to A1.
- A1 now plays a ball through to A3 to run through onto (4a). Or alternatively (4b) plays a ball over the top for A3 to run onto finish on goal.
- Scoring competition can be set at the coach’s discretion.
- Encourage first time shots when possible.
- Discuss the type of shoots taken with the players.
- Develop a players dribbling ability and control.
- Encourage good support, especially from the defenders to keep possession until a good shooting opportunity arises.
- Analyze technique: Knee over ball, shoulders square over the ball, non-kicking foot pointed at the target, left arm out for balance, follow through with toe pointing down, position of the ball which is struck.
- Encourage quick reactions for rebounds.
- Develop the timing of the runs.