|Age: 9-Adlt||Intensity: Low|
|Time: 15-20 mins||Positions: ALL|
|Players: 1+||Area: 1/4 Field|
- Develop agility.
- Develop explosive speed and quickness.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Arrange the cones/ladders and hurdles as shown above.
- Players start in the top left corner of the circuit. The players then perform the 4 activities jogging or walking in between each activity. Perform 3 circuits and then rest for 2-3 mins. Perform 4 sets.
- 2 footed forward jumps through the first ladder.
- Hops (Left footed on the first circuit/right on the second).
- 2 footed lateral hops. (i.e. sideways jumps followed by forward jumps).
- Turn and jumps backwards through the ladder.
- Focus on good jumping technique and mechanics.
- Reactions when using the variations below.
- Balance and low center of gravity.
- Quickness of feet in the ladders.
- Vary the activities:
- 2 footed jumps forward, one back sequence in the ladder.
- Lateral jumps in the ladders.
- Hopscotch through the ladders.
- Single leg hops over hurdles.
- Have players positioned by each activity as feeders with balls in their hands. These players can feed a ball to the players going through the circuits at random points. i.e. player steps out of the activity when the ball is feed and volleys/heads/chest the ball back to feeder and then continues round the circuit.
- Have players positioned by each activity as feeders with balls in their hands. These players can feed a ball to the players going through the circuit on the coaches command.