|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 20 mins||Positions: All|
|Players: 12||Area: 25x20 yrds|
- Develop players’ ability to maintain possession.
- Develop players’ ability to pass and receive.
- Develop quick attacking transition.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Set up a playing area of 25x20yrds.
- The playing area is split into 3 zones.
- The central zone ion only 2yrds wide.
- There are 3 teams of 4 players.
- The defending team has 2 players that must remain in the central zone whilst the other two players are free to enter and press the ball.
- The 2 players in the central zone are free to move up and down and screen through passes.
- Attacking teams are attempting to complete at least 3 passes before switching play to the team in the far zone (opposite end of the playing area). When they occurs the two defenders int he central area step out and press the receiving team. The other two defenders recover to the central area.
- Y1 passes to Y4.
- Y4 passes to Y3.
- Y3 switches play to the team at the other end of the playing area.
- The rotations are shown in the diagrams below further.
Diagram 2. Successful Switch of Play & Defending team Movement
Diagram 3. Rotations if the Defending Team recovers the ball
- Following 3 passes in one end area and a successful pass to the team at the opposite end = 1 goal.
- Support via creating good angles for the player on the ball.
- Create a diamond shape to create good passing angles.
- Play with open body position.
- Play with head up to see opportunities to switch the play.
- Don't force the switch, be patient.
- Pace of play should be fast.
- Defenders should press and transition immediately.
- Transition between attacking and defending must be immediate!