|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 30 mins||Positions: 2,3,4,5,6|
|Players: 12+||Area: 20x20 yrds|
- To train the ability to keep possession of the ball and to identify proper angles of support and also timing of support.
- To train vision and to look up to see passing opportunities.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Using a 15x15yrd grid arrange 5 attackers and 2 defenders in the middle of the grid. There is a 2x2yrds yellow box in the middle in which an attacking player is assigned (i.e. A4).
- No defenders are allowed into the yellow box occupied by A4. A4 is not allowed to leave this boxed area.
- The 5 attackers attempt to keep possession and make a number of consecutive passes.
- The 2 defenders attempt to intercept the ball and play it out the playing are. Once they have achieved this 3 times they can switch with the attackers.
- Plays look to play the ball successfully in and out to the centre player.
- A1 passes to A2.
- A2 keeps the ball moving as D1 presses the ball by passing to A3.
- A3 plays the ball into A4.
- A4 passes a wall pass back out to A5.
- Identify a specific number of consecutive passes the attacking team needs to complete before a point is scored (for example; 10).
- ALSO - Every time the ball is passed into the center player in the box (A4) and successfully played back out to another attacking player the attacking team gets a point.
- Keep the ball speed high (pass the ball quickly with limited touches).
- Players without the ball must move within the grid to create good passing angles.
- Move to good angles as the ball is in motion, not after the the passer has received the ball.
- Players who pass the football should move immediately afterwards to take up good positions to support.
- Ensure passes to fellow attackers are such that they can be controlled to their advantage (in front, good weight of pass, on ground, receiving open to the field).
- Keep your head up to see opportunities to play the centre player.
- Be patient and keep possession until a passing opportunity to the center player opens.