|Set Piece Objective(s) |
- Exploit space at the back of the 6yrd box with a hanging cross for 4 players to attack.
- Deliver an inswinging or outswinging crossed ball into the second 6yrd area.
|Diagram 1 |
- 11, 3 stand in the start position.
- 9 will loop around the ball of all the other onrushing attackers and crash the 6yrd box.
- 6,10,5 attack the ball played in and also provide a screen as 9 curves their run behind them.
- 4 is also available for a quick short pass to shoot direct or take a touch and strike on goal.
- Ball should be played to checking 10 who pulls open the near post and creates a 3vs2 scenario at the corner of the pitch.
- 10, 3, 11 now combine to deliver the ball. If a player follows 10 they defending team now has 3 players outside the 18yrd box!
- 7 holds the edge of the area and looks for the rebound or cleared ball.
|KEY COACHING POINTS: |
- This attacking set-up offers a variety of solutions but requires analysis from the players to choose the best option.
- Options: Inswinging cross, Outswinging, short pass form 3 to 11 to drive the line and cross on the ground (or air) from a deep cross. Short pass to 4 to shoot (if unmarked).
- 9,10,6,5 should all be good in the air.
- Considerations should be given to the quality of the GK on the type of ball delivered.
- Main target should be player 9 deep in the 'second' six yrd box.
- As shown above.