|Set Piece Objective(s) |
- Attempt to take the wall out of play for a shot on goal from distance.
|Diagram 1 |
- 9,11,10 stand in the start position and will be the primary players involved in opening space to shoot.
- 5, 8, 7 follow in for rebounds.
- 4 stands in the wall in an attempt to further block the view of the GK.
- 3 starts wide and attempts to pull out a defender from the wall, as a decoy passing option.
- 9 passes to 11, who stops the ball for player 10 to run onto to fake shoot.
- 11 now drags the ball behind them to using the sole of the shoe.
- 9 by this point has looped around to strike the ball around the edge of the wall.
- 4 peels off the wall to release space to shoot through. 4 can also pull the other defenders back discretely as they peel off.
|KEY COACHING POINTS: |
- Designed for use on a well organized wall.
- Requires practice and good timing.
- Follow-ups should be agressive and quick.
- 9 should be capable of high quality driven shots.
- A further variation is for 9 to pass through the legs of 11 for 10 to run onto and strike the moving ball.
- Pass into 3's feet to shoot or cross across the face of goal in the central area is congested.