|Age: 9-Adlt||Intensity: Low|
|Time: 5-10 mins||Positions: ALL|
|Players: 1+||Area: 20 yrds|
- Prepare players for a game by increasing core body temperature.
- Active warm up stretches to prepare muscles for activity.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Players perform the runs in groups of 3/5, 2 groups (Group A and Group B).
- Cones are placed at 5, 15 and 20yrd intervals.
- The width is the choice of the coach (approx 20yrds).
- Players should perform these activities to prepare (warm-up) for a game or training session.
- The players should jog at 50% for the first 5 yrds (Black Line) and then perform the warm up activities for the 10 yrds in the middle section and then finish with jogging again (slowing down) during the final 5 yrds.
- The activities (dotted red line) should include but are not limited to:
- Groin Twists - (Ins and Outs)
- Calf Stretches (Bouncing on Tip toes, don't let heels touch the ground)
- Trunk Rotations
- Side stepping
- Side Lunges
- ¼ Squat Jumps
- Back peddles
- Quick feet (As many touches on the ground as possible, fast feet)
- High Knees
- Butt Kickers
- Acceleration Runs (Building up acceleration slowly through the 10yrds, i.e. - 10%-100%).
- The routine therefore is Slow - Fast -Slow (50% -100% -50%).
- After completing one run the players walk to the back of the next (other) line and complete in the other direction. Players should never be fatigued during warm up routines. Work:Rest ratio should be at least 1:1. I.e. Perform 3-4 activities, 1 line each and then break for a rest of the same duration.
- During the rest periods players are encouraged to do their own stretches or even static stretches of the muscles groups being warmed at that time.
- Players should be drinking water during warm ups also.
- Good Technique when running.