|Age: 9-Adlt||Intensity: Low|
|Time: 5-10 mins||Positions: 2,3,4,5,6|
|Players: 4+||Area: 15 yrds|
- Prepare players for a game by increasing core body temperature.
- Active warm up stretches to prepare muscles for activity.
- Develop a players footwork with the ball.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Players perform the runs in groups of 3/5, 2 groups (Group A and Group B).
- Group A works on footwark and Group B works on Ballwork. Cones are placed at 10 and 15yrds.
- 1-10 yrds is where the activities are performed and 10-15yrds is where the sprint takes place.
- The width is the choice of the coach (approx 20yrds).
- 2 Activities are shown in the diagram:
- Group A - Fast Feet Work - Players perform the individual runs and activities over the tall (pointed) cones. Cones are placed at approximately 1 yrd intervals (maximum 2 yrds). 7-10 cones is adequate. One cone (blue in the diagram) is placed 5yrds after the last pointed cone. Players perform the following activities through the cones, then sprint to the blue cone. then perform a recovery run (jog) back to the starting line:
- Zig-zags (shuffle in and out of the cones facing the end (blue) cone.
- Bunny hops ( 2 feet together) over the cones.
- Right foot hops over cones.
- Left foot hops over the cones.
- Side step over the cone (Both feet touch in the gaps).
- Side step over the cone (One foot in each gap).
- Forward runs over cones (Both feet touch in the gaps).
- Forward runs over cones (One foot in the gaps).
- 2 Forward, 1 Back (Run over 2 gaps then go back one before going forward 2 again).
- Group B - Ball Work - Players perform game related footwork activities. 6-10 cones a stride apart. Players perform the following ball work activities followed by a recover dribble back to the start line:
- Dribbling (Right and Left foot)
- Juggling with feet through cones.
- Juggling with thighs through the cones.
- Juggling with head through the cones.
- Drag backs through the cones.
- Toe taps on the ball.
- During the rest periods players are encouraged to do their own stretches or even static stretches of the muscles groups being warmed at that time.
- Players should be drinking water during warm ups also.
- Good Technique when running.
- Start sprint activities off alternate legs.
- Focus, especially on the ball control exercises.