|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Low|
|Time: 20 mins||Positions: 7,9,11,10,8|
|Players: 8+||Area: 25x18 yrds|
- Finishing inside the 18yrd box.
- Head and Volley technique.
- Finishing Crosses.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Mark out an area 25x18yrds, using the 18yrd box and a goal if one is available.
- Four servers are positioned on the edges of the 18yrd box (penalty area).
- The attackers line up on the edge of the penalty area facing the goal.
- A1 and A2 run into the area and the coach calls out a server number. That number then crosses a ball in for the two players running in to finish.
- One touch finishing should be used. The players should get lots of opportunities to finish on goal with volleys and headers also.
- A1 and A2 rotate to the back of the line after their turn.
- Switch the servers every 5 minutes.
- S1 plays a ball into the penalty area on the command of the coach.
- A1 and A2 enter and attempt an angled finish. (Either as one team or separate).
- Shoot or head/volley in goal.
- Every time you score that player or that players team gets a goal.
- Good driven shooting technique (Knee & Shoulder over ball, non-kicking foot, etc.)
- Correct technique for each attempt on goal.
- Hit the target (force a save from the goal keeper).
- Cross must eliminate the goal keeper.
- Don't run in straight, curve your run.
- Timing of the runs. Arrive as late as possible attacking the ball.
- Angle of the run. Angle your run to get a better contact.
- Make sure the two defenders have a split run, not in a flat line. One near post and one back post.
- Technique on arriving in, don't hit the ball to hard.
- Positive attitude to finish, attack the ball.
- Different types of balls from the servers (bounced, aerial, rolling, etc).
- Add in passive defenders to impede the attackers slightly.
- Add in active defenders to challenge for the balls crossed in.
- Create a competition. The servers are neutral, but now there are two teams (Yellow vs. Red).
- A1 and A2 now play for their coloured teams and run in and fight to win the ball crossed in and they finish on the same goal.
- First team to score 10 goals is the winner.
- Ball is dead only when it is out of the 18yrd area. This can be further progressed to 2 vs. 2.