|Set Piece Objective(s) |
- Loose man markers and attack different points within the box.
|Diagram 1 |
- 3 is the corner taker. Outswinging preferred.
- 4,5,9,10 will make various runs at different points of the 6yrd box.
- 8 holds the eadge of the area for rebounds and attempted clearances.
- 7 checks short to offer support and possibly draw a defender out of the box.
- Ball should be played to the middle edge of the 6yrd box.
- Delivery should be head height.
- 11 checks short to create space for the runners to run into.
- Based on a Manchester United set piece.
KEY COACHING POINTS:
- Encourage creativity at the corner. You cannot predict the defending teams movements so imporvise where necessary.
- 10 should be a strong header of the ball.
- 3 is generally left footed to delivery a good ball into the back post area.
- Be Organized.
- Know your job.
- Know your start and end point of your run!
- Attack Secondary ball and be agressive. Attack the ball.
- Delivery must be good and to the right place.
- As shown above.