|Age: 9-Adlt||Intensity: Low|
|Time: 20 mins||Positions: ALL|
|Players: 10||Area: 2x(25x12) yrds|
- Develop passing technique.
- Develop movement immediately after the pass in played.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Players are arranged as shown above with 2 players starting in the outer boxes and 1 in the centre. Mark out lines using cones.
- Players pass to a teammate and move to a vacant line immediately following their pass. Play is continuous in this manner. The player receiving the ball in the central area can turn and play to teammates in the opposite grid.
- A1 passes into A2.
- A1 then sprints to another open line.
- A2 passes into the centre player A3.
- A2 then sprints to an open line.
- A3 turns and witches the grid and passes into A4.
- A3 then sprints to an open line.
- Play is continuous from this point. Players can sprint to the open central area as well as the lines.
- Players can be asked to play either 2 or 1 touch.
- On toes and ready to receive passes.
- Alert to move immediately after the ball is played to support.
- Discuss instep passing technique:
- Pass with instep.
- Follow through at target.
- Non kicking foot next to the ball and contact through the centre (mid line) of the ball.
- Eye contact with the teammate you are passing to.
- Head still throughout passing.
- Knee bent (Exaggerate if necessary).
- 2 way communication between the passer and receiver.
- 2 touch only.
- 1 touch only.
- Receive with one foot and pass with the other.
- Designate receiving or passing with outside or inside of the foot.
- Passes must be to either the centre player or a player in the other grid.
- Add 2 more boxes (4 total) and play with 10 players (i.e. 2 central, 8 in the boxes).