|Age: 9-15yrs||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 20 mins||Positions: All|
|Players: 12||Area: 50x30 yrds|
- Developing attacking off the ball runs.
- Develop through balls.
- Develop 1-2's, overlaps, take-overs.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- 50x30yrd grid with 2 end zone areas 15yrds deep and central zone of 20yrds.
- Red vs. Yellow team.
- 1 ball for each colour.
- The group of three players of the same colour in each end zone play a combination of 3 passes unopposed before performing a 2 player combination of the coaches choice (i.e. 1-2, overlap, take-over). Following this they run with the ball to the other end zone and pass into their team mates at the opposite end.
- This player then join the opposite group.
- The same sequence is performed at the other end and play is continuous.
- Timing and release of passes.
- Weight of passes.
- Communication between the two players involved in the combination.
- Speed of play should be fast.
- Player acceleration following the combination to run with the ball or dribble away.
- Pass quality into the opposite end zone.
- SSG - Recognition of 2 player passing opportunities.
- SSG - Decisions on which type of combination to play.
- Two teams now play 4vs2 as shown in the end zone areas.
- The teams of 4 attempt to maintain possession until they are able to perform a specific two player combination to release a player to run with the ball over the central zone and pass successfully into a team mate at the other end zone. If they do this successfully they gain a point.
- Play is continuous.
- If the defenders in each playing area intercept or win possession they turn and pass to their team of 4 at the other end of the playing area.
- Progression - A defender can follow a player who breaks out up to the half way line and attempt to win the ball back. This player must recover back to the end zone they cam from.
- Once the running with the ball player passes into the opposite end zone they recover to the zone they started in.
- R1,R2,R3,R4 maintain possession and pass the ball between each other switching play.
- R4 plays a 1-2 (Diagonal Run) with R3 who runs with the ball into the central area, followed by Y2.
- R4 gets across the half way line and passes into Y3 and Y4. This end zone they attempts to keep possession and R3 recovers to their starting zone.
Diagram 2. Progression 1
- 50x30 yrds (incorporating 2 yrd end zones)
- 4vs4 directional game with one team (4 players) acting as two wingers (B3,B4) and two target players (B1,B2). The wing players play one touch (depending on ability).
- Play with a neutral player who can assist in possession.
- Score 2 points by running the ball into the opponents end zone following a two player combination. Either a 1-2, overlap, take-over.
- Score 1 point for a regular pass into a target player (B1,B2).
Diagram 3. Progression 2 - 4vs4(+5) SSG
- Play without targets to promote more combination play.
- Offside rule is in effect.