|Age: 15-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 30 mins||Positions: ALL|
|Players: 14||Area: 60x40 yrds|
- Coach a team on how to break down the oppositions defense.
- Coach midfield support in the attacking phase.
- Coach attacking runs from the forwards.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Mark out 2/3 of a full size pitch (60x40 yrds). Mark out a central channel area with cones.
- Approximately 60x10 yrds across the middle of the field.
- Split players into 3 teams of 4 (3 midfielders and 1 striker/CF).
- Start position is as follows: The GK of the yellow team distributes directly to the yellow forward in the central channel area (or indirectly feeds a yellow to play into the yellow striker). The striker then combines with the other 3 players to create opportunities to score.
- At the conclusion of the play, if the red defending team win the possession they can counter attack on the blue team at the other end (also using their striker to counter). The yellow team would then wait to defend against the white in the opposite half.
- If the yellows had scored they still would wait for white team then to attack (i.e. red team leaves the field without a chance to counter attack).
- Game always restarts from GK1.
- Summary: Teams rotate on off the field after defending (or defending + Counter Attack) to wait their turn. They enter to defend the counter attack or to begin there opportunity to attack.
- The strikers can only be challenged (i.e. tackled) after their controlling touch in the central channel area. Striker cannot defend on counter attacks.
- Play continuously for 10 minutes. Goals can be scored on a regular attack or on the counter attack.
- Diagonal runs and diagonal passes!
- Get the ball behind the defense to run onto.
- Observe the ball when making runs into space.
- 1-2's and overlapping movements to break the defensive block.
- Exploit the 4vs3 (man up) advantage when attacking and find the open player.
- Use the full field width.
- Look to counter attack immediately after winning possession.
- Don't be afraid to dribble at defenses.