|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 30 mins||Positions: 2,3,4,5,6|
|Players: 16 (17)||Area: 36x35 yrds|
- Develop the ability of players to create space in midfield areas.
- Develop a teams ability to maintain possession.
- Develop players combination play.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- 36x24 yrd grid sectioned into 6 smaller grids (12x12 yrds) marked by cones.
- 6vs6 (+1 Central Neutral, +4 Target End Players)
- Red vs. Yellow team with the blue team assisting with the neutral player.
- In each 12x12 yrd segment a yellow player plays against a red player.
- Players on the red or yellow team cannot leave their segments.
- The neutral player (green) always supports the team in possession and is free to move into any grid.
- The 4 target players (blue) must stay behind the end lines but are free to move up and down these lines to support.
- Both the yellow and red team attempt to maintain possession and transfer the ball from one set of target players to the other set.
- After a successful attack that team maintains possession and can attack in the opposite direction to the other targets.
- When a target player receives a pass for a score they must pass square to the other target player before passing back into the playing area. As shown during 5,6 above.
- T3 passes into the neutral player (N1) to begin.
- N1 combines with the yellow players.
- Yellow players combine.
- Yellow players combine to play into the opposite targets.
- The targets switch the ball to each other.
- T1 plays the ball back into play to the team which just scored.
- 1 goal = successfully passing from one set of targets to the other.
- Players need to use movements to create space to support in tight areas (possibly man marked).
- How to create space.(i.e. check away from where you want to receive, takes defenders eyes off you, push off the defender to get separation).
- Look to play quick combinations.
- Limited touches to facilitate quick play.
- Red and Yellow Players can interchange positions (grids). Only when a team mate takes moves to occupy the segment they have left. Allow a 3-4 sec grace period for them to interchange. (Refer to Diagram 2).
- Remove the segments so players can now move freely in the central playing area.
Diagram 2. Interchanging of Positions
Diagram 3. Interchanging of Positions
- Play with 1 or 2 central neutral players.
- 2 Touch
- Neutrals have only 1 touch.
- Progress to goals (Diagram 3). Requiring a midfield interchange prior to a successful attack (finish on goal).
Diagram 3. Progression to goals.