|Set Piece Objective(s) |
- Exploit space at the back of the 6yrd box with a hanging cross for 3 players to attack.
|Diagram 1 |
- 3 takes the kick with either inswing or outswing.
- 11 holds the edge of the area for rebounds and attempted clearances.
- 3 takes the kick and looks to serve the ball to the back corner of the 6yrd area.5, 9 will crash the centre of the 6yrd box. (Centre back).
- 11 holds the eadge of the area for rebounds and attempted clearances.
- 6,4,9 curve there runs starting inside the box close to the penalty spot, out the box and then back in at a good open angle to finish agressive runs.
- 7,10 make well timed decoy runs to clear the near post area if the ball falls short for 5 to attack
|KEY COACHING POINTS: |
- Encourage creativity at the corner. You cannot predict the defending teams movements so imporvise where necessary.
- 10 should be a good player, comfortable under pressure and who can make a good decision.
- 3 is generally left footed to delivery a good ball into the back post area.
- Be Organized.
- Know your job.
- Know your start and end point of your run!
- Attack Secondary ball and be agressive. Attack the ball.
- Delivery must be good and to the right place.
- As shown above.