|Set Piece Objective(s) |
- Loose man markers early and attack different points inside the 18yrd box (edge of the 6yrd box.
|Diagram 1 |
- 3 takes the kick (Inswinger or outswinger).
- 8,9,10 move randomly inbetween each other prior to the kick to block and remove man marking asasignments by the opposition.
- 5,11 hold the edge of the area for rebounds and attempted clearances.
- 7 runs in for second phase balls.
- 4 attacks the far post for overhit balls.
- Delivery sure be to the middle or back of the 6yrd box where 8,9,10 all make aggressive runs.
- The idea is that any man marking assignments to key headers of the ball are lost in the shuffle just prior to the kick being taken.
|KEY COACHING POINTS: |
- Encourage creativity at the corner. You cannot predict the defending teams movements so imporvise where necessary.
- 3 is generally left footed to delivery a good ball into the back post area.
- Be Organized.
- Know your job.
- Know your start and end point of your run!
- Attack Secondary ball and be agressive. Attack the ball.
- Delivery must be good and to the right place.
- As shown above.