|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 30 mins||Positions: 7,8,9,10,11|
|Players: 8+GK||Area: 1/4 Pitch|
- Develop Finishing in various scenarios in and around the 18yrd area.
- Develop Finishing from crosses.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Penalty Area with 1 full size goals.
- 3 orange cones positioned as shown above as starting points for each group.
- 1 yellow cone positioned in the centre of the penalty area 'D'. This cone can be moved dependent on ability.
- 3 groups of players positioned behind Line A-C, approximately three players behind each station.
- 2 GK's (ideally) rotate in a out after each six attempts on goal.
- Balls are positioned at Line A and Line B only.
- Players rotate through a set sequence which generates three opportunities to score between the front three players.
- The game should be continuous.
- Walk through the sequence with the players first as the timing is fairly complex.
- First player in Line A (A1) dribbles and beats the cone (simulating a passive defender).
- Once a feint move has been performed to beat the cone A1 strikes a long driven shot on goal.
- A1 then jogs around the players at Line B and to a position where he can cross the ball.
- As A1 is looping around to get in position to deliver a cross, B1 passes another ball as a diagonal pass across the area to C1 to run onto.
- C1 runs out to meet the pass.
- C1 strikes on goal, preferably to placed shot (instep technique at a corner).]
- The player behind B1 (or B1 himself) in the top line passes another ball out in front of A1.
- B1 runs into the box to get in a position to help finish the cross.
- C1 also continues their run to help finish the cross also.
- A1 delivers a cross (type can be specified by the coach)
- Either B1 or C1 attack the cross and finish on goal.
- Following this sequence the three players return to different lines and the next three players go.
- 1 goal = Scoring on the full size goal normal. Individual targets can be set for players to compete against each other.
- Co-ordination of movement.
- Technique of finishing. Driven shots and placement shots.
- Technique of crossing. Played into the second 6yrd area.
- Timing of runs onto crosses and near and far post runs.
- Follow-up rebounds.
- Quality finishing, high percentage shots, hit the target!
- Perform from both sides of the field, so the crosses come in from the left side also.
- Play with an actual passive player on the yellow cone who defends at 50%.
- One touch finishing only.
- Add a passive defender to mark one of the players on the crossed ball.
- The attacking team plays 2 Touch maximum.
- Require a specific type of cross or shot at each station. Instep, lobbed, driven for shots. For crosses: In-swinging, low, early, etc.
- Place a 'sniffer' player in front of the GK, to finish rebounds only if the GK spills a shot.