|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Low|
|Time: 25 mins||Positions: All|
|Players: 7+GK||Area: 44x30 yrds|
- Developing finishing technique.
- Develop counter attacking quick breaks.
- Develop finishing in and around the 18 yrd area.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Penalty Area x2 (44x36 yrds) with 2 full size goals as shown in Diagram 1.
- Cones set on or around the 18 yrd box to act as a half way line.
- 2 pointed cones (flags) placed on the half way line and one another 15-20 yrds further down field.
- 2 teams compete and attempt to score.
- Red vs Blue (+ one neutral player 'N').
- Teams attempt to win possession of the ball distributed (thrown-in) from the coach (Refer to Diagram 2).
- The neutral player joins the team which wins possession to create a 4vs3.
- Teams have only 10 secs to score when in possession and attempt to mount a quick attack on the goal with the numbers up situation. The team must shoot before 10 secs is up. This time can be reduced for more advanced players.
- Game can be played with or without off-sides.
- When the ball goes out of play or a goal is scored a new ball is delivered from the coach.
- If a direct shot goes in the player who shot the ball must run through the goal line within 3 secs. Refer to Diagram 3.
- 1 goal = Scoring on the full size goal normal.
- Play for 10 minutes continuous.
- Team with the most goals wins.
Diagram 2. Showing the Distribution from the coach
- Must compete for possession.
- Attacking principles on gaining possession. (i.e. Width, create space, etc).
- Quick transition depending on which team wins the ball.
- Quick play and passing to break down the opponent.
- Overlaps, 1-2's, take-overs.
- Shoot when there is opportunity.
- Be sure to use the overload player.
- Immediately respond to rebounds.
- End product. Hit the target and get a good opportunity on goal.
- One touch finishing throughout the exercise
- Two touch passing throughout the exercise.
- Require an overlap/take-over/1-2 prior to a goal.
- Reduce the time to score a goal to 8 secs.
- The neutral player joins the defending team instead of the attacking team to create a game like situation (attacking numbers down) (i.e. 3vs4).
- Introduce 2 wing players on the edge of the 18 yrd box who can deliver crosses.