|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 20 mins||Positions: All|
|Players: 8+||Area: 1/4 Pitch|
- Developing distance finishing technique.
- Develop placement and close range instep finishing technique.
- Develop rebound finishing.
- Develop 1vs1 attacking technique.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Penalty Area with 2 full size goals as shown in Diagram 1. 44x30 yrds, this should be increased for more advanced players.
- 4 gate goals (marked with yellow training poles above) are next to the goals at either end.
- 4 additional gates (marked in blue cones above) are placed inside the gate goals as markers from where the players enter the field of play.
- 2 GKs (one in each goal)
- Balls are positioned at both sides of the playing area by the gates where the players enter.
- Teams alternate between attacking and defending. The attacking team always attacks with 3 players and the defending team defends with 2 players. The defending team passes the ball across to one of their opponents gates to initiate play and both defenders enter. The receiving gate sending in 2 players and an additional play enters from their other gate. This creates the 3vs3 scenario. Once the ball goes out of play or a goal is scored, play starts with a pass in from the other side (i.e. the defending team becomes the attacking team).
- Initial pass across from the red (defending team) and both Red 1 and 2 enter.
- The blue team receives the ball and pass between each other until there is an opportunity to shoot on the full size goal of their opponents. (Diagram 2)
- Blue player 3 shoots on goal.
- All the players on the field then exit and the Blue team passes across to the red team and the sequence begins again with new players and the attacking and defending roles reverse.
Diagram 2. Attacking Team (Blue) Receives and Attempts to Score
Diagram 3. Defending Team Wins Possession
- First Team to 10 goals is the winner. Both the attacking and defending teams can score:
- Attacking Team (3 Players) 1 goal = Scoring on the full size goal of their opponents.
- Defending Team (2 Players) 1 goal = Passing through one one of the gate goals (Yellow training poles) at the opponents end.
- Spread the field and provide width to prevent the two defenders from providing cover for each other.
- End product. Hit the target.
- Take shots when there is opportunity to shoot.
- Rebounds and deflections.
- Be prepared to run at and draw in defenders to release other players in space.
- Two man combinations (i.e. 1-2's, Overlaps, Take-overs).