|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 30 mins||Positions: All|
|Players: 12+2GK||Area: 40x30 yrds|
- Developing finishing technique.
- Develop rebound finishing.
- Develop finishing in and around the 18yrd area.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Coned Area (40x30 yrds) with 2 full size goals as shown in Diagram 1.
- 4 support players (Neutrals) are positioned at the corners of the playing area with balls.
- 4vs4 in the central area (+2 GKs).
- Neutral players support the team in possession.
- 2 teams compete and attempt to score in either goal.
- Each time the ball goes out of play the coach nominates one of the neutral players (N1-N4) to distribute a pass into a player in good space (this can also be rotated between teams).
- If a team wins possession during central play, they must pass to a Neutral before they are allowed to score.
- 1 goal = Scoring on the full size goal normal.
- 2 goals = Scoring from a pass direct from a neutral player.
- The first team to 10 goals is the winner.
- Shot selection.
- Immediately respond to rebounds.
- Ability to create space to receive a pass in a scoring opportunity.
- Positive forward runs to meet neutral players passes.
- No style points in soccer. Follow ups are often messy short range goals.
- End product. Hit the target.
- Take opportunities to shoot, be positive.
- Assessment of the goal keepers position prior to the shot.
- Switch play to the other side (other neutrals) to access space for finishing.
- Look for quick 1-2's with neutral players.
- One touch finishing.
- One touch passing from the neutral players (advanced players only).
- Teams are assigned a goal to score in.
- Neutrals can enter play and play for the team in possession once they have been passed to.
- The neutrals should pass in random balls with the central players have to compete for.
- The neutrals should throw in random balls with the central players have to compete for aerially.