|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 20 mins||Positions: 7,8,9,10,11|
|Players: 12+||Area: 1/4 Field|
- To train a team in finishing techniques and shooting from layoffs.
- Quick combinations and 1-2's in front of goal.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Using a half field approx. 40x30 yrds set up 5 zones that are distinguishable to the players (10 yrd boxs for the feeders, 'B' players to play in). Split the teams into 3vs3 (+4 feeders) and 2 GK's. If more players are available expand the playing area.
- 2 teams compete to try and score in the soccer goals under the restriction that the finishing player (or one of their team-mates must have played a pass into a feeder first for a direct layoff shot on goal. In the zones closest to the opponents goals (i.e. A,B,C,D) it is strictly 1 touch finishing. Middle zone is 2 touch. This game can also be played where all layoffs have to be back into the central zone to encourage longer range finishing.
- A1 one plays a wall pass into A2 and step up unmarked to receive the pass back.
- A1 plays a pass into B1.
- B1 lays the ball off to A1.
- A1 steps forward and strikes the ball on goal.
- Score in the regular goals normal to start.
- Designate a target number of goals (i.e. 10 to win the game).
- Attitude to take shots and score!
- Create space with good runs.
- Look for quick combinations.
- Look for rebounds.
- Shots must be with the instep.
- Shots must be with the laces.
- Feeders layoffs are aerial balls to encourage volleys and half volleys.
- The 2 feeders in a teams defensive half can be used as drop options and to help keep the ball.
- Play 3vs3 + 1 Neutral in the central area to create more shooting opportunities.
- If a team scores they turn they retain possession and turn and attack the other goal.
- Limit touches in the central area (i.e. 2 touch).