|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 30 mins||Positions: All|
|Players: 12+GK||Area: 44x18 yrds|
- Develop the ability of players to finish inside the 18 yrd box.
- Develop a teams ability to maintain transition between attacking and defending quickly.
- Develop players aerobic fitness/anaerobic fitness.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- 18yrd yrd box with 2 staging areas for the two teams that are not currently on in the 18 yrd box. A cone should also be placed on the corner of the 18 yrd box between the 2 staging areas.
- 3vs3vs3vs3 (+1 GK)
- 4 teams in different colours.
- Balls placed next to the coach (or feeder player) positioned on the edge of the 18 yrd area.
- Two teams play in the central area. One team is attacking on the goal (yellow in the diagram above) and is feed balls form the coach (feeder) when the ball goes out or the goal keeper holds a save.
- The other team inside the 18 yrd area attempts to stop the attacking team from scoring.
- The rotation sequence is as follows: If the defending team (Red) manage to prevent the attacking team from scoring in 1 minute they then become the attackers and the attacking team (Yellow) leave the field and take the white teams position in the staging area. This causes a knock on effect. The white team then takes the place of the blue team in the second staging area by running around the outside of the 18 yrd box. The blue team now enters and begins to defend immediately.
- If the Yellow team had scored the rotation would be as follows: The Yellow team gets to stay on and attack again because they scored! The red team would then switch off the field. White and blue would make their same rotations.
- The team with the most goals after a set period of time is the winning team.
- Quick shooting and finishing when opportunities to shoot come up.
- Quick transition of players on and off the field!
- Transition on and off the field should be fast.
- Encourage the running team on the outside to get around the area as quick as possible to be ready to enter as there is no delay in the game if they are not ready to enter.
- Creating space to shoot.
- Rebounds and following up shots.
- Play should be quick and with limited touches to maintain a good tempo.
- All finishes must be one touch.
- Insert an additional floater (neutral player) who plays in the 18 yrd box with the attacking team. Score now only from headers and volleys.
- Develop a players dribbling ability and control.
Diagram 2 - Overhead View of Rotations
- Increase or decrease the time to score a goal. (I.e. +/- 1 min)
- Provide agility drills on the edges of the playing area for the group running around to the second staging area.