|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 20 mins||Positions: 2,3,4,5,6|
|Players: 10+||Area: 1/4 Pitch|
- To train a team in finishing techniques and shooting.
- Finishing from crosses.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
Diagram 2. Set-Up Arrangement (Part 2)
- Using a quarter field approx. set up 4 cones by each server to indicate a station.
- Each station needs a server (A-D) with a collection of balls (Approx 5-6 balls if available).
- 3 poles (or flags) set up in a line just outside the 18 yrd area (1 yrd between the poles).
- 1 GK plays in goal, or can be rotated between 2 GK's on the end of each players sequence.
- One players at a time the players follow a set sequence from Server A-D performing an attempt on goal at each station.
- A player enters from the line behind the poles and slaloms through the poles (Quick feet exercise can also be incorporated here).
- Server A passes out a ball on the ground to the player once they exit the poles.
- The player finishes on goal (1 touch is preferred).
- Player turns and checks towards Server B.
- Server B passes into the player to control and turn (either direction).
- Finish on goal.
- (Diagram 2) Player then runs a loop around Server C.
- Server C passes a ball into the run of the player.
- Player then takes a touch and finishes, or finishes first time.
- Player then performs a curved run.
- Server D dribbles down the line and crosses into the player who finishes on goal.
- Following this sequence another player enters into the poles and the sequence repeats itself.
- Personal targets can be set for each player.
- Look for rebounds.
- Focus on good quality shooting technique (Knee over ball, shoulder over ball, arm positioning for balance, etc).
- The finishing player must be on their toes and ready to adapt to mishit passes.
- Attempt to make the whole drill continuous and flow.
- Good service from the Servers is key.