|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 25 mins||Positions: 2,3,4,5,6|
|Players: 16||Area: 70x50 yrds|
- Coach a team in how to play into feet and into space.
- Develop passing range and ability when playing forward.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Mark out 70x50yrds. The teams play in 3-2-2 formations. The starting point is with D1 in the center of the field playing a pass to a teammate in a wide position which is intercepted.
- Coach the yellow attacking team. A1 intercepts the ball and has to assess their forward passing options. Can A1 play a ball behind the opposition into space? If not can A1 pass the ball into a player feet in an advanced position?
- 2 teams compete and attempt to score in the oppositions end zone areas by passing to the allocated player type. Players cannot dribble into these zones.
- Movement of players to create space for themselves. Runs to be played in behind the opposition. Checking runs to receive at their feet.
- Discuss angled runs and checking runs.
- Assess passing opportunities.
- May have to make several runs to create space for yourself or another teammate.
- Weight of pass into space or into feet.
- Ensure that the quality of passes into the strikers and outside players is quality. I.e. played where they are asking for it, to the correct foot, weight of pass, etc.
- Look for counter attack scenarios and to play the ball into space behind the opposition defense quickly.
- Clear communication, verbal and non-verbal as to where the receiver wants the ball.Unpredictable – Mixture of passing into space or feet to keep the opposition on its toes.
- Unpredictable – Mixture of passing into space or feet to keep the opposition on its toes.
Diagram 2. Examples of passing into the feet of the striker.
Diagram 3. Examples of passing into space.