|Age: 12-Adlt||Intensity: Medium|
|Time: 25 mins||Positions: ALL|
|Players: 14||Area: 1/4 Field|
- To train quick passing combinations.
- Develop close range finishing.
- Aerobic fitness and conditioning.
Diagram 1. Set-Up Arrangement
- Mark out 1/4 size pitch (Approx. 20x25yrds). Keep a collection of balls at the posts of the goal line for re-starts.
- 6 Red players (2 central, 1 support, 1 resting)
- 6 White players (2 central, 1 support, 1 resting)
- 2 goalkeepers (Yellow)
- 2 teams compete to score in their opponents goal. 1 support player from each team is positioned on the sides of the field and play 2 touch. Support players can move up and down the sidelines. Support players cannot defend. Post players (resting players) cannot support or defend. In the above example:
- Gk distributes into A1.
- A1 plays a wall pass with A3 (Support player)
- A3 players a square pass into A2 to shoot and score.
- Defensive Player rotations occur after a goal (Refer to Diagram 2), B1 exits the central playing area and becomes the post player (Resting player).
- B2 becomes the supporting player.
- B3 enters the central playing area to play 2vs2. Note: The same rotation happens for the defensive team with the other 3 players on the other side of the field.
Diagram 2. Defending Player Rotations
- 2 teams compete and attempt to be the first team to score 10 goals. This target can be modified or the game can be played to a time limit.
- Encourage quick passing combinations with limited touches.
- Fast transition.
- Encourage shooting.
- Supporting angles and movement of the side players to create opportunities for central players.
- Encourage creativity and improvisation from the players.